A request for this option must be made by your appearance date. Driving Course will not be granted after the response date.
You Must Meet ALL Eligibility Requirements:
- You are at least 17 years of age.
- You do not possess a Commercial Driver’s License.
- You have current liability insurance & a valid Texas Driver’s License.
- You are not charged with speeding more than 24 miles per hour over the speed limit and the violation did not occur in a construction zone.
- You have not taken a Driving Course within the last 12 months.
The following items must be submitted to the court on or before the appearance date shown on the citation to be eligible to take the course:
- Submit the NOTARIZED affidavit
- Court Costs of $129.00/In school zone $154.00
- Copy of your Texas driver’s license and current proof of insurance, listing you as a covered driver.