Skip to content
Blooming Grove operates under a General Law, Type A, form of city government.
- It seats six elected officials on the City Council with two-year rotating terms.
- The City’s operation and maintenance are funded by two separate accounts – the General Fund and the Revenue Fund.
- Income for its General Fund comes from property tax, sales tax, franchise tax, and fines.
- Revenue Fund income is from fees for water, sewer, sanitation and other utility-related fees.
- The fiscal year runs from October 1st through September 30th.
- Public hearings on the budget and property tax rate are usually held in late August or early September.